Place a public measure on a ballot.

There is a limit on what kinds of public measures can be put on a ballot in most cities in Iowa. Some measures can only be requested by petition, and some can only be called by the governing body.

Turn in paperwork to the following places to request a public measure election:
If you have a petition for...File paperwork with...
County public measuresBoard of Supervisors (for most measures)
City public measures
City Clerk
School public measuresSchool Board Secretary
Community College public measuresCommunity College Board Secretary

Call the Auditor's Office (319-892-5300) if you don't know if a public measure can be put on a ballot or not.