November 2, 2021 City/School Election
The City/School Election will be held on November 2, 2021. Voters will use their general election poll locations. Polls will be open from 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Items of Interest:
- Positions to be on the November 2, 2021 ballot (PDF).
- Pre-registration ends Monday, October 18, 2021 at 5 p.m. (PDF)
- Absentee ballot request forms (PDF) for a ballot to be sent by mail must be received in the office by Monday, October 18, 2021 at 5 p.m.
- In-person absentee voting will begin on Wednesday, October 13 and continue through Monday, November 1 until 5 p.m. at the Linn County Auditor's Office.
- On election day, voters will need to vote at their general election poll location. Find your polling location at https://linncountyelections-ia.gov/lookup.
- Find your sample ballot and poll location at linncountyelections-ia.gov/lookup.
- Candidate Signature Requirements (PDF)
- Candidate List. Filing period ends September 16 at 5 p.m.
Additional Early Voting Opportunities:
- Lindale Mall near the play area thru October 31. Hours are 11 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. Mondays - Saturdays and Sundays from noon to 4 p.m.
- October 23: Wellington Heights Church located at 1600 4th Ave SE in Cedar Rapids, from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- October 24: IBEW Local 405 located at 1211 Wiley Blvd SW in Cedar Rapids from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
General Information About:
Download an absentee ballot request form (PDF) and mail to:
Linn County Elections
935 Second St. SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
The last day our office can receive an absentee ballot request form (PDF) for ballot by mail is Monday, October 18, 2021 at 5 p.m.
Ballots must be received by 8 p.m. in order to be counted.
In-person absentee voting will begin on Wednesday, October 13 and will run through Monday, November 1, Monday through Friday.
Office hours are 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The deadline to request a satellite is Monday, October 4, 2021 by 5 p.m.
Requesting a satellite can be accomplished by gathering 100 signature on a petition form requesting a satellite at a location described on the petition form.
The completed petition form needs to be returned to the Auditor's Office.
Satellite Voting Opportunities:
Lindal Mall (near the play area), 4444 1ST Ave NE, Cedar Rapids. Voting will take place from October 13 - 31.
- Mondays-Saturdays, Hours are 11 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Sundays, Hours are Noon - 4 p.m.